Friday, October 15, 2010

Journal

After scouring the internet for information on censorship, I came across several articles that sparked my interest. The majority of these articles that interested me so much were the articles that were concerned with the arts. Originally, I had wanted to do my paper on censorship specifically in the newspapers, but what I found was pretty black and white (no pun intended). Freedom of the press is something that is unique to our country and is something I definitely value, but there is simply not enough information to write an entire paper on it. Yes, journalists have the freedom to write what they want and publish what they want, but what about all the other areas of mass media? Do filmmakers, artists, authors, and musicians have the same rights as journalists? Journalists consider their field as an art form, so why should other artists have to censor their art when journalists don't have to censor their articles? I believe that no artist should have to censor any of their work, period. And that is what I'm writing my paper on.

2 comments:

  1. You have a strong stance on what you believe. it is fair if there was no censorship. But if you think about it not every parent wants their 5 year old reading a risque. It's all good though. everyone deserves to get their words and thoughts to the world. Just sometimes they can be too much. Like is there some limit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why should artists be able to write what they want freely without censorship? Alot of issues can be brought up and sometimes some artists do have very serious opinions which could upset a ton of people. I also think know that movie makers can just about make anything they want and put anything in their film even if it is offensive, so why do you think movie makers get so much more freedom than journalists?

    ReplyDelete